Various speeches by George W. Bush
Adapted by Jerry Hui Premiére: 03/30/05 in Beall Concert Hall, University of Oregon. Jerry Hui, countertenor/bass; Hung-yun Chu, piano
Mmmmm. I love Bush. He is ssss-such a good president. I adore him sssso much that I would like to render at least part of him immortal, by setting his wise speeches in songs. And sing them.
Hmmmm. Sure. Whatever.
1. Personal Moments They misunderestimated me. I am a person who recgonizes the fallacy of humans. I'm also not very analytical; you know I don't spend lots of time thinking about myself, about how I do things. There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me. God loves you, and I love you; and you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wander about their future can hear.
2. How Proud I Am I thought how proud I am to be standing up beside my dad. Never did it occure to me that he would become the gist of cartoonists.
3. Highways on the Internet Will the highways on the Internet become more few?
4. Politics That's Washington. That's the place where you'll find people getting ready to jump out of the foxholes before the first shot is fired. I have a different vision of leadership: A leadership is Someone who brings people together. This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decision to bring the solution to an end. The most important job is not to be governer, or first lady in my case.
5. Peace I think war is a dangerous place. It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose a loss of life. Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment. I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.
6. Freedom You are free, and freedom is beautiful. And you know it'll take time to restore chaos and order... ... order out of chaos. But we will.