for solo piano pno
in 6 movements attacca
ca 7 minutes
- softly, like a droplet of water starting a ripple in a pond at night
- lightly, as the moonlight splashed on the porch
- like a dark storm, approaching
- solemnly, an uncontrollable anger about to break out
- like a dash of sunlight after rain
- dreamy, as if hypnotized
Life is like a stream of events, flowing continuously in time. Time, however, is unyielding; it does not stop for any landscape that it passes, bright or dark, joyous or grave. And yet, our mind and our soul are ever-nostalgic. They always fight against the stream, wanting the unwantable — to linger, or to hasten, amidst an unforgiving current.
This piece, though divided into six separate moments, is essentially a stream of consciousness. It is the scaffold of a soundscape, in which the player constantly creates, meditates, and recreates. Attention should be given to the slightest change of timbre, and most of all, to silence.